5 Milestones for Living with Self- Confidence
Today, I begin a new day writing about what is important. Living and loving life, with a positive spirit and gratitude. I recently wrote tips about getting your Mojo, or self confidence back….Here are a few things I’ve learned in life that made a huge difference in elevating my self-confidence.
1. Size does not matter. As women, we spend years obsessing over our weight, body shape, and dress size. No more. You are beautiful, regardless of body size, cellulite, or spider veins. The key is to love yourself and your body, and eat healthy regardless of where you are. Weight fluctuates, your love for yourself should not fluctuate with it.
2. Start living your life for you, not for anyone else. This milestone is huge. Do not waste a minute of your precious life worrying about what others think of you. Don’t waste time and energy living or trying to live out others dreams for your life. Be who you really are. Do what you love, do what makes you happy. I wish I had understood this years ago, but I guess with age really does come wisdom:)
3. Stop putting off your life until later – live your life for the present. How many of us put off enjoyable things until a later, more “perfect” time. How many times have you put off things to wait for the slimmer body, to have a boyfriend or spouse, the promotion you’ve been waiting for or more money? Life passes way too quickly to approach each day with that attitude. Now, I’m all about living life for now and enjoying every minute. I don’t want to put anything off.
4. Stop worrying about what you eat – start enjoying all kinds of food. Yes, I said it, do not worry about what you eat. That said, if you have certain medical conditions, then you should follow your doctor’s advice. The key is to eat with balance, and enjoy good food (with some bad food). I love french fries, brownies, and cupcakes, I can still have them in moderation. I also eat more fresh fruits and vegetables regularly.
5. Live with a positive attitude. Life brings hills and valleys, often when we least expect them. The key is the attitude and energy you bring to each day. We attract to us, what we really are. If you’re positive, you will attract good things to you. This is a fact.
In closing, it’s only when I started taking charge of my life – pursuing the things that made me happy and fulfilled instead of the things I thought I should be doing, that I became a whole lot happier with who I am. I love me – extra pounds and inches and all. Satisfaction with our lives, definitely starts within. Life is much too short to put off enjoying a single minute. Would love to hear your take…
I love these tips. You are right; life is short and we need to get as much enjoyment out of it as we can in the time given to us. When my time comes, I’d like to look back and say that I had a lot of good experiences. Like you, I love to travel and have been fortunate enough to meet some wonderful people and see some amazing things.
June 29, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Thank you Eagle Eyed….travel is my passion, thank you for visiting my blog, I hope you’ll come back.
June 29, 2012 at 7:18 AM
You betcha! I’ve hit the follow button. 🙂
June 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM
I am going to check out your blog too….have a great day!
June 29, 2012 at 7:25 AM
This has hit home for me on many levels. There has been many changes in my life as of recently and two days ago I realized through my therapy session that I have not been truly happy since 2006, and that realization has set me straight! Life is indeed to short to waste on things and people who only seem to bring stress in and surround you with it.
I’ve always done what I thought was right, lived my life based on what Mom said, even though I was not happy. Stopped doing what I loved because my ex-fiance at the time promised that he would replace my income if I stopped working, and he never did.
I am doing one of what I love today, and I plan on starting back with the other love which made me so happy years ago. My son is the most important person in my life, and those who know me know that there is nothing I won’t do for him. Looking back on things I’ve done, both good and bad, I know now that I will I never allow another to control MY life, EVER, and anyone who does not like it, can just go suck salt!
September 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad you liked the article. Wishing you the absolute best in wherever you are in life’s journey.
September 8, 2013 at 4:41 AM