Happy New Year to all…..It’s been too long, but I’m back. I started this year with a desire to escape the Artic Blast. Atlanta is traditionally in the 30’s and 40’s during winter months, this year is colder than most. Single digits. So I ended up in Miami for a short escape. I visited over 10 years ago. While Miami is fun, it has never been one of my favorite destinations. I decided to give it another try in 2014.
Travel time: 1 hour, 27 minutes (nonstop from Atlanta)
Arrival airport: Miami International Airport
Hotel: The Clinton (South Beach)
Reason for travel: Beach escape
Temperatures: High 60 degrees
What I liked: People watching, nightlife, variety of things to do, The Clinton (great location and price), cultural diversity
What I didn’t:
- Hotels are pricey
- Boutique South Beach hotels are more affordable option, but often are aged
- Taxis to/from MIA airport are expensive (~$40 and up one-way)
- South Beach restaurants offer pretty much the same menus
- Seafood options limited (this was a big surprise!)
- Miami Airport facilities are old and restaurants are really unclean
Would I recommend Miami? Yes. For a girl’s or guys trip. Spring break. Quick weekend getaways. For those who enjoy drinking and partying.
Will I go back? Sure, but not during winter season:)